Thursday, April 1, 2010

31-03-2010

We tried to start Day 12 as early as possible from Kolkata as we had planned to visit Bhitarkanika and Chilka Lake on the same day (which, we later realized, was extremely ambitious and naive of us). We started by around 8 in the morning and had our breakfast at Sher-e-Punjab Dhaba on the way.

We picked up Rohith from Kharagpur and then were on our way to Bhubaneshwar. En Route we called up the Bhitarkanika guys and figured out that it takes one complete day to visit that place. After Bhitarkanika off our plan we wanted to make up for it in Bhubaneshwar. We stopped just once on way. It was on a river bank which had a lot of Banyan trees. I tried to play Tarzan with it's hanging roots and was almost successful till I realized that when Tarzan swings with those roots he invaribly has roots of another tree to hold at the end of the swing. I didn't find any and so started to oscillate instead. I could some how avoided hitting the tree on my way back but couldn't hold on the roots for long and came crashing on the ground. Luckily the ground was soft and i wasn't at a great height either. I few scratches on my palms and I was alright. I don't know what I'm going to be in future but I do know that one thing that I'll not be is Tarzan.

After this (mis)adventure we were right back on the road. We made a few calls to colleagues/friends/relatives to find out some good authentic Oriya restaurant in Bhubaneshwar and made a note of them all. We reached Bhubaneshwar by 4:00 PM and realized that like most places in India, food is not served at that time. We checked out atleast 7 to 8 restaurants but were disappointed everywhere. Then we decided to stop at one the roadsides eateries for a quick grab. Even they seemed to taking a break during these hours but we finally found a vendor who could serve us some basic vegetarian food. We were pleasantly surprised by what he served us. We don't know if it was our hunger, but we found the food to be really good.

Next we headed to Gopalpur, a small beach town, for the night halt. We stayed at a place called Swosti Palm Resort. After checking in, we headed to the beach. Took some weird long exposure snaps there and then were back to the resort for our dinner. After the dinner (again disappointed to not get Oriya food) we headed to our rooms and crashed into our beds.

I am writing this blog on the last day of our trip. The post for the last 3 days will be updated after we reach Bangalore. We will also upload all the snaps we had taken during our Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment